09
MAY
2016

May 2016

Minutes of the Wistanstow PTA Wednesday 27th April 2016

Present:- Juliet Orme, Lori Orme, Natalie Curtis, Vicki Stevens, Jeannette Price and Leigh Francis.

Apologies:- Barbara Townley, Marianne Bromley Page

The minutes of the last meeting were read out and agreed.

Matters Arising:-

We have paid £150 for replacing the Village hall table top.

The field needs rolling and harrowing after the bike show. Leigh to ask Pete Jones.

Forest School is up and running at Lori’s field. The first session went well.

Juliet has got the info on leavers sweatshirts and will be ordering these after SATs.

Lori will continue to look purchasing a canopy for the playground.

The tea towels have all been sold (75 of them). We made about £1 per tea towel. We could possibly do Christmas cards of the children.

We may possibly have someone to be Village Hall rep

Class one have been planting trees at the village hall.

No progress on the shed at the Village Hall.

Treasurer’s Report:- See attached.

Bike Show:

Costs are up this year, but if you take off the T shirts and the Guest of Honour cost, then costs are the same.

The helmet stand needs to be moved near to the main gate.

Molly will do the rotas next year.

Purchases for next year will be a new urn, tea mugs and tongs for cake.

It would be a good idea to have a table outside for mug return.

The Greene room will possibly cook baps next year

We will repaint the blackboards for next year. These belong to The Plough.

We need some new signage for next year.

Most of the T shirts were sold. We can do another 20 t shirts next year.

Hopefully we will have some new parents next year.

There were fifteen new bikes this year. We are hoping to get some different bikes next year.

 

AOB

The plant sale is Saturday 18th June. The competition this year will be ‘a garden on a plate’

Quiz is booked at The Plough Friday 22nd July. With pre quiz meal is £10 or just a quiz is £2 per person. We need donations for raffle prizes and quiz prizes.

Deborah from Art club has asked if anyone has a sewing machine they do not need anymore.

Date of next Meeting:- Thursday 26th May 2016 7.30pm

Leave a Reply

*

captcha *