This Week’s Star Pupils are:
Class 1- Ivy
Class 2- Matti
Class 3 – Rose
Keeping Children Safe
We will now be padlocking the gate onto the playground when children are out playing during the school day. This is to be absolutely sure that we know when visitors arrive at school, as it is difficult for the adult supervising the children to also monitor the entrance. All visitors that arrive during playtimes, will be directed to our side entrance, where they can buzz for attention and be properly supervised to the person that they are visiting.
Parents should generally not come into the school in the mornings – the inner door is open for the children only. If you need to get a message to your child’s teacher, please tell Mary in the office and she will pass it on.
A few reminders to help us keep your children safe at school:
- Please let us know if your child is to go home with someone else, so that we can make sure that they go home with the right person.
- If your child is on the taxi, please fill in the taxi form each week so we know whether to put them on the taxi or not. If there are any changes please ring the school and let us know.
- If your child is absent please ring the school early in the morning to let us know and then write a note to explain the absence as the Educational Welfare Officer will ask to see our records.
- In this hot weather children do need a hat; a water bottle and we strongly suggest that an all day sun cream be applied to children before school.
On Thursday 29th June, Year 6 children will be going to Longnor Primary School for a theatre in education programme called “My Mate Fancies You.” This is a fun, interactive play that explores the often daunting physical and emotional changes that children face and prepares them for a smooth transition from primary to secondary. The children will be picked up at 9 o’clock and return for lunch.
Active Kids Vouchers
All the vouchers need to be in school by June 30th, so that we can apply for our free equipment. This is usually used to replace worn out playground equipment.
It will be our last swimming session on Tuesday 27th June.
Diary Dates Reminder
▪ Wednesday 5th July, 9am, Stage set up-as many volunteers as possible!
▪ Thursday 6th July 6pm, Summer Performance-you should have received your order forms for tickets.
▪ Friday 7th July, Sports Morning, followed by lunch at the school field. (Reserve 14th July, if the weather is poor)
▪ Wednesday 19th July 9.30, Leavers Service, which will now be followed by the Leavers Lunch at 12 noon, which Year 6 parents will be invited to.
▪ Thursday 20th July, End of Term
On Tuesday, all our children had a session in their new classes, whilst Year 6 were out at their secondary school.
Village Hall Committee
The Village Hall committee would like a representative of the school on their committee. It meets on the 3rd Monday of every month at the Village Hall. There is no paperwork involved but it would make liaison between the school and the Village Hall easier. If you are interested in this can you contact the school. Thanks.
WISTANSTOW WINS AGAIN!
KS2 pupils went to Church Stretton for an outdoor athletics competition. We had two teams taking part in various track and field events against 5 other teams. The results were 7th Condover/Dorrington, 6th Condover 2, 5th Wistanstow 2, 4th Rushbury, 3rd St Laurence, 2nd Condover A and 1st Wistanstow 1.
Team 1 was made up of Jake D, Michael, Lauren, Macy, Caitlyn, Molly, James, Harrison, Alfie L, Amelie, Rose, Matti, Tia, Roseanne, Jake J, Alfie G, Matthew, Evie and Sky.
Here are some of the placing in the individual Year group finals;
55m hurdles 1st Harrison, 2nd James, 65m Evie 2nd, 65m Matti 1st, 80m Rose 2nd, Alex 3rd, 80m James 1st, Jake D 1st, Molly 1st, 400m Alfie G 3rd, 600m Caitlyn 3rd.
A brilliant morning with everyone putting in their best effort. The team will go on to play other qualifying schools from South Shropshire at Cleobury Mortimer on Thursday 20th July.
IMPORTANT NETBALL NEWS
THERE WILL BE NO NETBALL NEXT WEDNESDAY 28th JUNE, as Tessa not available and we need extra help for the netball practice.
CAN ALL TEAM MEMBERS RETURN THEIR KITS TO VICKI AND NOT SCHOOL.
Plonk and Pudding
Friday, June 23 from 8 till late
Plough Inn Wistanstow
£5 per ticket
Inlcudes: a glass of wine, a pudding and Bruce’s Disco!
All proceeds to Wistanstow School
Pay on the door!