Minutes PTA meeting 28th Sept 2017

Minutes of the Wistanstow PTA Thursday 28th September 2017

Present:-  Juliet Orme, Marianne Halford , Julie Davies,  Gill Preece  , Marianne Bromley Paige, Maz Booth Guillett, Sarah Smythe, Jeannette Price,  Molly Milner,  Kelly Farmer

Apologies:-  Raffi Barrett, Ellie Goode, Lori Orme, Zerena Gurney Adams , Amy Owen

Matters arising:-

Thank you Cards

It was decided the children would make cards for the leaving officers of the PTA.

The Chair of Governors, Martin Nicholson has died.  His funeral is on 12th Oct.   A collection is being made for Church Restoration Fund.  We can raise money for this by having coffee and cake sale after the Harvest Festival on Wenesday 4th October.  Sarah and Jeannette to organise.

School has requested to take class 3 to War Horse  October/ November 2018 (£20 per ticket )either full or part funded by PTA, as only class 3 PTA thought part funding may be possibleand to have transport for a trip to Cardingmill Valley and a trip to Wenlock Water.

Mrs Hughes is leaving on 29th November and we will have a leaving party on the Wednesday afternoon.  Parents could supply cakes after the child takes home a plate to fill.    Staff have asked PTA to organise.


The pantomime is on the morning of 30th Nov.  We will appeal for parent helpers and the names will be drawn out of a hat.

We need to speak to Leigh Francis re: santa and the Christmas party.

Christmas presents- Julie and Gill to organise.

Disco- possibly Thursday 14th December 6.30-8.00pm.  Juliet to book and check with school.

Christmas cards drawn by the children and sold to parents- possibly organised by Mrs Hughes before she leaves.  Molly to organise with school.

Bike Show- Sunday 18th March 2018.

Publicity- Julie and Maz

Steve Key- will still do the publicity for the show.

Food- Jeannette, Kelly, Sarah, Marianne and Holly.

Parking and speaking to Peter Jones- Kelly

Auto jumble-Molly to ask Zerena Gurney Adams

Rota- Sarah Smythe

Health and Safety- Molly to ask Rafi

We need better signage for the show and could get this done at EPS.

Raffle Tickets- Juliet to speak to Game and Country Meat re: sponsoring the draw tickets.  Gill will help with the draw tickets.

PE Kit

School has requested 6 more shorts and 6 more tops.  This was agreed and Juliet to sort the purchase of this.

Plant sale

Possibly May.  Molly will look at dates regarding this and check dates of SATS with Mrs Finney.


Parents are wishing to do more fun things to get the community spirit of the school going.  Events such as Mulled wine and Mince pies, Pizza and Bingo and Strawberries and Pimms could be organised.


Date of next meeting:- Wednesday 18th October  2017 at The plough 8pm

Leave a Reply


captcha *