10
NOV
2017

PTA Meeting Minutes Oct 2017

Minutes of Wistanstow  PTA meeting Wednesday 18th October 2017

 

Present:-  Rafi Barrett, Maz Gillett, Kelly Jones, Julie Davies, Juliet Orme, Molly Milner, Mariella Halford, Sarah Platt

Apologies:-  Lori Orme, Marianne Bromley Page, Zerena Gurney Adams, Gill Preece, Jeannette Price

The minutes of the last meeting were read and agreed.

Matters Arising:-

As we bank at Barclays we are eligible for match funding.  Julie will look into this.

Mrs Finney had advised we don’t do thank yous for the outgoing PTA members as there is a risk someone will get left out.

The coffee morning after the Harvest Festival raised £183.00 for Martin Nicholson’s charity, the Church Restoration Fund.  Parents enjoyed the social event.

Wednesday 13th December 2 pm Christmas Service.  We could do coffee and cake after this or Mulled Wine and Mince Pies.

Mrs Hughes leaving do-  afternoon  of Wednesday 29th November.  The Village Hall is booked.  The PTA just need to organise the food for this.

A few parent helpers have come forward to go to the panto but tickets for this may be limited as new children are due to start at the school before the panto trip.

Rafi to speak to Leigh re: Santa at the Christmas party.

Christmas Party:- Tuesday 12th Dec pm.  Christmas presents- Julie is organising this with Gill.

Thursday 14th December 6.30-8.00pm.  Need crisps and biscuits.

Christmas cards:-  These have been drawn in school by the kids and will be coming out to parents soon.

Bike Show

Guest of honour:-  This is work in progress.

Peter Jones is happy for us to use his fields for parking

Rafi is happy to manage the Health and Safety.  Julie to speak to the Village Hall about getting the sleeping policemen repainted after a man fell over these at last years show.

Molly has e mailed Ste Key, who has updated the Bike Show website.  Ste is happy to do the posters, programmes and passes for the show.

Sarah Platt is happy to be the editor of the Bike Show facebook page and will contact local motorbike groups.

Zerena is too busy to do the Auto jumble but we could ask Gill Preece.  Gill to speak to Leigh regarding this.

Molly and Julie have not spoken to Ron yet about the Bike Show as he has been ill.

Raffle tickets:-  Juliet has contacted Game and Country Meat for sponsoring these but not had a reply yet.  It is £40 for a lottery licence.  Juliet has sent off for a DBS check and awaiting certification.

Other Social Events

Plant Sale- May after SATS, so after 14th May- a possible date is Saturday 9th June.  It was thought this could be made into more of a Summer Fete and therefore a date in June rather than May.

Would be good if we could open up the whole school for this.  We need to check with Mrs Finney re: this.

We could possibly revive the Sausage Sizzle with rounders and do a Pizza and Bingo evening.

AOB

The school website has been updated.  It is being managed by Mrs Townley.  Need to e mail her  the PTA minutes for the website.

We need to set up a Whatsapp to keep in touch with PTA members.

 

Date of next Meeting:-  Wednesday 17th January 2017 8pm.

Leave a Reply

*

captcha *