30
APR
2018

PTA minutes 19.4.18

Minutes of Meeting of Wistanstow PTA Thursday 19th April 2018

 

Present:-  Juliet Orme, Maz Gillett, Jeannette Price,  Marianne Bromley Page, Julie Davies, Mariella Horwood, Molly Milner.

Apologies:-  Gill Preece, Mrs Townley, Ellie Goode

The minutes of the last meeting were agreed.

Matters arising:-

There has been no progress with match funding.  Amy Owen has a contact at Barclays regarding this.  Molly will speak to Amy.Julie has e mailed Barclays re: match funding.

The Ron Maund Memorial went well.  It made the front page of the local paper.

Bike Show Debrief

We lost money on the printing of the programmes for the Show and this amounted to a few hundred pounds.  Printing is a major cost for the show.  We could get a sponsor to help with this cost.

The best in show award can be used next year as a 2018-2019 award.

There are 75 mugs for this years show.  We could change the date and use these for next years show.  Maybe the kids could alter the date.

The decision was taken, after the show was cancelled, not to set up a just giving page for donations.  It was felt that we would rather people  come and buy an extra cake next year.

We have received a nice letter and a £20 donation in the post.

The draw raised £758. 20 this year.  We need to do the Charity return for the draw.

Our bank balance is going down due to the Bike Show cancellation.  We need to look at costs and a huge cost is the Village hall rental (£2K for 2017-2018). We need to look at do we need to use it so much and are we on a preferential rate?

Another large cost is transport.  Marianne is looking into other travel companies charges. Is our own minibus an option for the future?

We need to look at the possibility of a termly parental contribution for PTA funds especially this year.

The pantomime will cost £700.  The PTA usually fund this.  We will review this is September now we have limited funds.

Leavers hoodies- The PTA usually fund these.  This year we can only fund 50% of the cost.

Leavers disco- Juliet to check the date for this.

A date has come free at the village hall Saturday 7th July.  This can be a Summer Fayre with Strawberry and Pimms.

Plant Sale is Saturday 9th June.

Future Fundraising Ideas

Sponsored walk- September

Charging for Tickets for the school play

Pub Quiz

Murder Mystery night

 

Date of next Meeting Wednesday 16th May 2018 8.00pm at The Plough pub Wistanstow

Leave a Reply

*

captcha *