At Wistanstow Primary School we follow Shropshire Safeguarding Children Board (SSCB) procedures and acknowledge that the welfare of the child is paramount.
If you think a child or young person is being harmed or is at risk of being harmed then you must contact Children Services or Mrs. Townley/Mrs. Griffiths at school, and tell them your concerns.
You can report your concerns online via the ‘Report child abuse online – NSPCC website‘ or phone the Initial Contact Team on 0345 678 9021.
If you need to report concerns out of office hours then please contact the Emergency Duty Team on 0345 6789040.
You can also speak to:
Protecting Vulnerable People (West Mercia Police): 0300 333 3000
NSPCC: 0800 800 5000
Childline: 0800 1111
If a child is in immediate danger
If you think a child is in immediate danger, call the emergency services on 999.
- Report Child Abuse Online – NSPCC website
- Shropshire Threshold Document
- Wistanstow Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy Sept 2018
- Safeguarding Vision at Wistanstow
- Visitor Conduct Policy – Wistanstow 2018
- Initmate Care Policy
- Anti-Bullying-Policy – October 2018
- Whistleblowing Policy
- Complaints Policy
- Attendance Policy Oct 2018
- Whistle blowing Policy – Oct 2018
- E-Safety Policy – Oct 2018
- Anti-terrorism-Risk-Assessment-September 2018
- PREVENT Leaflet for parents
- Preventing Radicalisation and Extremism October 2018
- Staff Code of Conduct Nov 2018
Definitions of Abuse
Being mistreated or abused (sometimes called ‘Significant Harm’) is defined as Sexual Abuse, Physical Abuse, Neglect, Bullying or Domestic Violence